Thursday, May 9, 2013

Chapter Anatomy

What's in a chapter? Is there a specific structure to follow? I suppose most writing advice is just THAT. Advice...based on someone else's experience. But Scenes and Sequels? You'd have a hard time ever convincing me that a good book that keeps me flipping pages can happen WITHOUT Scenes and Sequels. Les Edgerton says..."Once you know how to construct scenes and their sequels, you've mastered stories." (click his name to read his post on S&S)

So what are scenes and sequels? Well...I've done posts on this blog before, complete with graphics that show the elements. I highly recommend taking a look through the posts linked there. And last week, I realized my CP Misty Waters aka M. D. Waters, had done a series of posts on Chapter Anatomy. So I'm linking to those posts today. If you need clarification on scenes and sequels, her posts should help.



1 comment:

  1. My family always say that I am killing my time here at net, but I know I am getting familiarity daily by reading such pleasant articles.


    my site - More Help

    ReplyDelete